Thursday, April 17, 2014

Hello #FitFam412!!



Over 12 months ago I found myself in a workout rut.  I was tired of running the same 3 mile loop around my neighborhood, eating the same low fat rice cakes and overall blah mood.  In January of 2013 I made a new years resolution to revamp my idea of working out and being fit.  My goal was no longer to make myself an emaciated angry person by calculating calories and miles but to figure out a way to be generally fit and healthy.  How did I do that? Well lets just say an artists work is never done:) I may not have it all figured out but I sure do enjoy getting out and about. Little did I realize I was living 20 minutes from a giant steel inspired jungle gym!  Pittsburgh and it's surrounding suburbs have become my playground.

I am by no means a picture of health or in any way resembling the girl you have taped to your freezer to keep you from eating that last bit of double chocolate chunky monkey ice cream.  I'm not a great cook, not an incredible athlete, I've never won a race.  What I am is a person who loves to find new ways to incorporate healthy ideas from recipes, workout moves and running routes to share with the greater community.  I have run two marathons, a half marathon and countless numbers of smaller races.  However, I also took 3 walk breaks in my 3 mile run last week.

This blog is for all of us runners: the elite, the beginners and the general population that just like to get out and move.  I think we can all learn something from each other no matter how long we have been running and eating healthy. 

On this blog you will find: 

1. Tried and tested healthy recipes.
I mean come on we all brows through tons of sites that tell me to make "healthy" chocolate chip cookies with 12 ingredients I can't find at my local grocery store.  What if there was a person who doesn't think the after taste of protein powder is something to rave about that could test them all out and let you know which ones are actually worth the trip and money to try? Yeah, I'll try and help you out there.  

2. Running tips tricks and Routes:
Of all the sports I have tried running seems to be my go to.  There is really nothing quite like the endorphin cocktail in the midst of a great run on a sunny afternoon.  One of my goals is to find new and inspiring parks, routes, trails through the Pittsburgh area and share reviews.  Lets break out of our running loop at least once a week or once a month to shake it up and get inspired. 

3. General Workout Tips and Tricks: 
Looking for new workouts for those recovery or cross training days?  Wondering what to wear to that first intimidating barre or cross fit class....yeah I'm a girl.  Well we have you covered. Yoga for runners, Barre toning, running all the steps at the cathedral of learning... we will try just about anything learn the tricks and post tips and reviews for you to try!  

4. Runspiration:
You let us know.  Some of the best articles I have read are about every day people that have used running to pull them through. Others are people that have overcome so much adversity and are incredible athletes from right here in Pittsburgh!! 


 I would LOVE to hear what you want to hear! Leave me a comment and let me know! 

1 comment:

  1. Everyone needs goal. Good luck with yours.

    -Mike
    www.marty427.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete